-   -   How do I number cells vertically in succession? Example: (1 2 3) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160424-how-do-i-number-cells-vertically-succession-example-1-2-3-a.html)

rsmith844

How do I number cells vertically in succession? Example: (1 2 3)

How do I number cells vertically in succession?
Example:
1
2
3

Thank you.

Max

How do I number cells vertically in succession? Example: (1 2 3)

One way ..

Enter the 1st number in the starting cell, eg enter in A2: 1. Then
right-click on the fill handle of A2, drag it down as far as required. When
you release, choose "Fill Series" from the pop up menu.
--
Max
Singapore
"rsmith844" wrote:
How do I number cells vertically in succession?
Example:
1
2
3

Thank you.

Peo Sjoblom

How do I number cells vertically in succession? Example: (1 2 3)

There are many way, put 1 in a cell, copy it down using the right button and
when you release the button select fill series. You can also us
editfillseries, you can put 1 in the first cell and 2 in the second, grab
both cells and copy down. You can put 1 in a cell, hold down ctrl and copy
down

Peo Sjoblom

"rsmith844" wrote in message
How do I number cells vertically in succession?
Example:
1
2
3

Thank you.

Pete_UK

How do I number cells vertically in succession? Example: (1 2 3)

Another way - put the formula:

=ROW(A1)

in your first cell and copy down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 2, 4:24 am, rsmith844
wrote:
How do I number cells vertically in succession?
Example:
1
2
3

Thank you.

Sloth

How do I number cells vertically in succession? Example: (1 2 3)

to add another method to the mix...

1. Enter the first few cells (1,2,3)
2. Highlight the cells you filled.
3. Left Click and Drag the "square" at the bottom right of the selection as
far down as you need.