-   -   Move/Copy Worksheet -- does not work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160397-move-copy-worksheet-does-not-work.html)

dbsavoy

Move/Copy Worksheet -- does not work

When I right-click a tab in a worksheet and select to copy it into another
workbook. Nothing happens.

What could possibly cause Excel to fail to move/copy a worksheet?

bj

Move/Copy Worksheet -- does not work

could it be protected?

"dbsavoy" wrote:

When I right-click a tab in a worksheet and select to copy it into another
workbook. Nothing happens.

What could possibly cause Excel to fail to move/copy a worksheet?

Gord Dibben

Move/Copy Worksheet -- does not work

Are you sure nothing happens?

Note the filename on the title bar.

Has it changed to the source workbook as it should?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:43:01 -0700, dbsavoy
wrote:

When I right-click a tab in a worksheet and select to copy it into another
workbook. Nothing happens.

What could possibly cause Excel to fail to move/copy a worksheet?

dbsavoy

Move/Copy Worksheet -- does not work

Thanks for the feedback. I've checked the Protection status and it doesn't
seem to be protected... I've selected: Tools, Protection and Protect Sheet.
The "Protect worksheet and contents of locked cells" box is checked by
default though...

So, to make sure, I selected, copied and pasted all cells from this
worksheet into a new workbook and from there still cannot Move or Copy the
worksheet tab.

The filename on the title bar remains unchanged. However, the hourglass
pointer is shown for a half-second. Its almost as if Excel cannot complete
the Script or Process or whatever to move a worksheet.

I'm lost...

wrote:

When I right-click a tab in a worksheet and select to copy it into another
workbook. Nothing happens.

What could possibly cause Excel to fail to move/copy a worksheet?

Pete_UK

Move/Copy Worksheet -- does not work

Have you tried just dragging the sheet from its file window to another
file window (for move), or CTRL-drag for copy?

Pete

wrote:

When I right-click a tab in a worksheet and select to copy it into another
workbook. Nothing happens.

What could possibly cause Excel to fail to move/copy a worksheet? - Hide quoted text -