-   -   Select specific column for auto filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160337-select-specific-column-auto-filter.html)

[email protected]

Select specific column for auto filter

Hi,

Is there a way to select a specific column for autofilter? When I
turn auto-filter on, it creates an auto filter on all the columns (A1-
E1) instead of say, A1, C1, E1. There has to be a way to do this. I
already tried highlighting and turning Autofilter on but it didn't
work.

Thx.

Sargum

Stefi

Select specific column for auto filter

If you highlight a range of entire adjacent columns, Autofilter will turn on
only on highlighted columns.

Regards,
Stefi

€ť ezt Ă*rta:

" ezt írta:

Hi,

Is there a way to select a specific column for autofilter? When I
turn auto-filter on, it creates an auto filter on all the columns (A1-
E1) instead of say, A1, C1, E1. There has to be a way to do this. I
already tried highlighting and turning Autofilter on but it didn't
work.

Thx.

Sargum- Hide quoted text -

I see ... I wasn't highlighting the entire column...it works as you
mentioned. Thx.

Pete_UK

Select specific column for auto filter

You don't need to highlight the entire column - suppose you have
headers in row 3 with subtotals above: you might want your filters to
start from row4 onwards, in which case highlight from row3 across and
down. The important thing is to highlight adjacent columns.

Hope this helps.

Pete

" ezt írta:

Hi,

Is there a way to select a specific column for autofilter? When I
turn auto-filter on, it creates an auto filter on all the columns (A1-
E1) instead of say, A1, C1, E1. There has to be a way to do this. I
already tried highlighting and turning Autofilter on but it didn't
work.

Thx.

Sargum- Hide quoted text -

I see ... I wasn't highlighting the entire column...it works as you
mentioned. Thx.

S- Hide quoted text -

Stefi

Select specific column for auto filter

Yes, that's a useful addition to my post.
Regards,
Stefi

€žPete_UK€ť ezt Ă*rta:

On Oct 1, 5:03 pm, wrote:
On Oct 1, 9:50 am, Stefi wrote:

If you highlight a range of entire adjacent columns, Autofilter will turn on
only on highlighted columns.

Regards,
Stefi

" ezt mrta: