-   -   Help with excel Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160256-help-excel-formula.html)

Emma

Help with excel Formula

What I am trying to do is:

SheetA has names in column D
Sheet B has the same names in column B but different order
I want it to match the names in sheet A column D and sheet B column B and
return the numer from column I

Is this possible and if so what is the formula?
Thanks!!!!

bj

Help with excel Formula

=vlookup(SheetA!D1,SheetB!$B;$I,8,0)
depending on what sheet column I is in

"Emma" wrote:

What I am trying to do is:

SheetA has names in column D
Sheet B has the same names in column B but different order
I want it to match the names in sheet A column D and sheet B column B and
return the numer from column I

Is this possible and if so what is the formula?
Thanks!!!!

Ok I still can't get it to work. Here are the sheet names

Look for Names in "FRI 4D" column D
Match to names in "4dAverage" column B
Return number from "FRI 4D" column I to column D in 4d Average shhet

thanks!