-   -   total hours (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160235-total-hours.html)

ekkeindoha

total hours

Good day,
I would like to get help on the following.
A B C D
19:00 16:00 21jul 21jul
19:00 08:00 21jul 22jul

If it occurs that the date on C and D are the same and the time on B are
earlier than time on A it should be 0.
If time on date on C and D are the same an time on B are later than time on
A it should give the difference.
My main concern are if the date on D are later than C to get the difference
between B and A as it should be 13hours.

T. Valko

total hours

Try this.

I'm assuming that the date in D will never be less than the date in C.

=IF(AND(C1=D1,B1<A1),0,((B1+D1)-(A1+C1))+(B1+D1<A1+C1)*(D1-C1))

Format as [h]:mm

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ekkeindoha" wrote in message
Good day,
I would like to get help on the following.
A B C D
19:00 16:00 21jul 21jul
19:00 08:00 21jul 22jul

If it occurs that the date on C and D are the same and the time on B are
earlier than time on A it should be 0.
If time on date on C and D are the same an time on B are later than time
on
A it should give the difference.
My main concern are if the date on D are later than C to get the
difference
between B and A as it should be 13hours.

David Biddulph[_2_]

total hours

Isn't it as simple as =MAX(0,(B1+D1)-(A1+C1)) ?
Of course (for my formula and for Biff's) C and D will need to be dates, not
text.
--
David Biddulph

"T. Valko" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know. If the time span is = 24hrs the above formula fails.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
[...]

Ooops! Disregard.

It does work. I let Excel "help" and choose the format *it* wanted to use,
h:mm instead of [h]:mm.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP