-   -   conditional sum ?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/160095-conditional-sum.html)

Kevin

conditional sum ??

I have a simple formula...
=SUM(C61:AY61)
The cells represent open slots in a fiber switch. some of the cells are
colored gray to represent no hardware installed for that slot. is there a way
to have the formula only add the cells that are not gray? I didnt see any
color options in conditioanl formatting.

Thanks

Bob Phillips

conditional sum ??

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working
solution

--
HTH

Bob

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have a simple formula...
=SUM(C61:AY61)
The cells represent open slots in a fiber switch. some of the cells are
colored gray to represent no hardware installed for that slot. is there a
way
to have the formula only add the cells that are not gray? I didnt see any
color options in conditioanl formatting.

Thanks

Kevin

conditional sum ??

COOL!, that works... Thanks!