-   -   Counting NUMBERS &/or TEXT from a column to other sheet ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/15941-counting-numbers-text-column-other-sheet.html)

Trixie

Counting NUMBERS &/or TEXT from a column to other sheet ?

I am working with a workbook that contains two sheets. I need to count (all
in the same column) in one case a number/text combo (EXE & 000).

In the next case I need to count only text (from same column as above!). I
am a novice & thought simply using the "COUNT" would do it but have been at
it for about an hour & cannot figure it out!!!

Please help!

Bob Phillips

Use

=COUNT(A:A)

and
=COUNTA(A:A)

--

HTH

RP

"Trixie" wrote in message
I am working with a workbook that contains two sheets. I need to count

(all
in the same column) in one case a number/text combo (EXE & 000).

In the next case I need to count only text (from same column as above!).

am a novice & thought simply using the "COUNT" would do it but have been

at
it for about an hour & cannot figure it out!!!

Please help!

Trixie

The only text I need to count in the second scenario is "IBE".

"Trixie" wrote:

I am working with a workbook that contains two sheets. I need to count (all
in the same column) in one case a number/text combo (EXE & 000).

In the next case I need to count only text (from same column as above!). I
am a novice & thought simply using the "COUNT" would do it but have been at
it for about an hour & cannot figure it out!!!

Please help!

Peo Sjoblom

=COUNTIF(Range,"IBE")

Peo Sjoblom

"Trixie" wrote:

I am working with a workbook that contains two sheets. I need to count

(all
in the same column) in one case a number/text combo (EXE & 000).

In the next case I need to count only text (from same column as above!).

am a novice & thought simply using the "COUNT" would do it but have been

at
it for about an hour & cannot figure it out!!!

Please help!

Bob Phillips

Probably

=COUNTIF(Range,"*IBE*")