-   -   Calculation using VLookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/159160-calculation-using-vlookup.html)

casdaq

Calculation using VLookup

I'm not too familiar with VLookup and I'm trying to find results in one
workbook and divide against a result in another workbook. Does anyone know
what the formula would look like for that. Here is a scenario below.

Workbook 1 - Invoice Charges by location (Texas)
Workbook 2 - Calls Handled by location (Texas)

Workbook 3 - Texas - dividing Invoice Charges with Calls Handled

Don Guillett

Calculation using VLookup

Best to start by looking in the help index for VLOOKUP

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"casdaq" wrote in message
I'm not too familiar with VLookup and I'm trying to find results in one
workbook and divide against a result in another workbook. Does anyone know
what the formula would look like for that. Here is a scenario below.

Workbook 1 - Invoice Charges by location (Texas)
Workbook 2 - Calls Handled by location (Texas)

Workbook 3 - Texas - dividing Invoice Charges with Calls Handled

Fred Smith

Calculation using VLookup

It would be helpful to know how your data is organized. However, maybe this will
help steer you in the right direction.

In workbook3, try something like:

=vlookup(a1,'[Workbook1.xls]Sheet1!$A:$L,4,false)/vlookup(a1,'[Workbook2.xls]Sheet1!$A:$L,4,false)

Fred