-   -   Hide Cell based on value of other cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/159104-hide-cell-based-value-other-cell.html)

audreyg

Hide Cell based on value of other cell

Is there a way that you can hide the value of a cell depending on the value
of the cell directly in front of it?

Gary''s Student

Hide Cell based on value of other cell

If we want to hide D5 if C5 has the value 1, use conditional formatting on D5
to Formula Is:
=C5=1
and pick the font color to match the background color.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200746

"audreyg" wrote:

Is there a way that you can hide the value of a cell depending on the value
of the cell directly in front of it?

audreyg

Hide Cell based on value of other cell

How do I do it if I want the condition of C5 to be "Blank" instead of a
number value?

"audreyg" wrote:

Is there a way that you can hide the value of a cell depending on the value
of the cell directly in front of it?

Gord Dibben

Hide Cell based on value of other cell

What is currently in C5?

If a formula you could enter in C5 something akin to

=IF(ISNUMBER(B5),"",B5)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP