-   -   Protecting Multiple Worksheets at the same time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158990-protecting-multiple-worksheets-same-time.html)

Doug P.

Protecting Multiple Worksheets at the same time

Is there a way to protect multiple worksheets at the same time, instead of
having to protect each worksheet one-by-one. Selecting 'Protect Workbook'
does not do the same thing as 'Protect Worksheet'. I want it so that no
cells can be modified on any worksheet. I tried Grouping the Worksheets, but
then 'Protect Worksheet' is no longer available.
--
Doug P.

JW[_2_]

On Sep 19, 5:46 pm, Doug P. wrote:
Is there a way to protect multiple worksheets at the same time, instead of
having to protect each worksheet one-by-one. Selecting 'Protect Workbook'
does not do the same thing as 'Protect Worksheet'. I want it so that no
cells can be modified on any worksheet. I tried Grouping the Worksheets, but
then 'Protect Worksheet' is no longer available.
--
Doug P.

Not that I know of. But you could do this with a VBA routine.
Something like this (untested) would protect all of the worksheets in
the active workbook.
Sub foo()
Dim ws As Worksheet
ws.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True
End With