-   -   Display cell name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158837-display-cell-name.html)

JS

Display cell name

Hi,
Say in cell B4 contains text "John". Based on text "John", I'd like to
display "B4" (colomn and row of cell that contains "John") in other cell. How
is the formula to do that?

Thanks.

Stefi

Display cell name

What is the range to be searched for text "John"? If it is restricted to
column B, then
=ADDRESS(MATCH("John",$B:$B,0),2,4,1)
returns B4. If the search area contains more than one column, you have to
create a UDF, as far as I know.

Regards,
Stefi

€žjs€ ezt Ã*rta:

Hi,
Say in cell B4 contains text "John". Based on text "John", I'd like to
display "B4" (colomn and row of cell that contains "John") in other cell. How
is the formula to do that?

Thanks.

JS

Display cell name

Stefi,
Thanks a lot. it's help me.

rgds
js

"Stefi" wrote:

What is the range to be searched for text "John"? If it is restricted to
column B, then
=ADDRESS(MATCH("John",$B:$B,0),2,4,1)
returns B4. If the search area contains more than one column, you have to
create a UDF, as far as I know.

Regards,
Stefi

€žjs€ ezt Ã*rta:

Hi,
Say in cell B4 contains text "John". Based on text "John", I'd like to
display "B4" (colomn and row of cell that contains "John") in other cell. How
is the formula to do that?

Thanks.

Stefi

Display cell name

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€žjs€ ezt Ã*rta:

Stefi,
Thanks a lot. it's help me.