-   -   Can you sort by most to least often recurring number in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158791-can-you-sort-most-least-often-recurring-number-excel.html)

Jilly

Can you sort by most to least often recurring number in Excel?

I know there is a Mode formula to find the most often recurring number, but
can I build on that and sort the list to have the most often recurring number
at the top and least often at the bottom and vice versa?

Gary''s Student

Can you sort by most to least often recurring number in Excel?

Just use a "helper" column:

If your values are in A1 thru A100, then in B1 enter:

=COUNTIF(A$1:A$100,A1) and copy down

Then sort the pair of columns by column B descending
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745

"Jilly" wrote:

I know there is a Mode formula to find the most often recurring number, but
can I build on that and sort the list to have the most often recurring number
at the top and least often at the bottom and vice versa?

Jilly

Can you sort by most to least often recurring number in Excel?

Thank you Gary''s Student!! I was using a helper column, but the =log
formula, and I couldn't quite get it right. This is great! Thanks!!