-   -   If Statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158753-if-statement.html)

scotty

If Statement

I have the monthly name September in one cell (A1) and October in another
cell (B1). How can I create an "if" statement that says if cell A1 or B1 =
September then return figure in Cell C1 else zero?

Thanks

Bernard Liengme

If Statement

=IF(OR(A1="September",B1="September"),C1,0)
or
((A1="September")+(B1="September"))*C1
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

=
September then return figure in Cell C1 else zero?

Thanks

scotty

If Statement

Thanks. I couldn't figure out the "or" part.