-   -   How to calculate Compound Interest (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158751-how-calculate-compound-interest.html)

Nikhil

How to calculate Compound Interest

Hi,

Can any one let me know how to calculate compound interest in excel using
formula for function.

Thanks in Advance

Jim Aksel

How to calculate Compound Interest

See if any of the following functions are helpful:
INTRATE
IRR
MIRR
RATE
YIELD
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for FAQs and more information
about Microsoft Project

"Nikhil" wrote:

Hi,

Can any one let me know how to calculate compound interest in excel using
formula for function.

Thanks in Advance

Bernard Liengme

How to calculate Compound Interest

Invest P for n years at R% per year

beginning of year 1 you have P, so end of Year 1 you have: P+RP or P(1+R)
beginning of year 2 you have P(1+R); end of year 2 you have P(1+R)(1+R) or
P(1+R)^2
beginning of year 3 you have P(1+R)^2; end of year 3 you have P(1+R)^2*(1+R)
=
P(1+R)^3
by the mathematical method called induction: by end of year n you have
P(1+R)^n

In Excel
A1 holds P
A2 holds R
A3 holds n
Value at then of year =A1*(1+A2)^A3
Interest accumulated =A1*(1+A2)^A3 -A1
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Nikhil" wrote in message

Can any one let me know how to calculate compound interest in excel using
formula for function.

Thanks in Advance

Nikhil

How to calculate Compound Interest