-   -   Custom format num 0 with a "+" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158679-custom-format-num-0-a.html)

Max

Custom format num 0 with a "+"

How does one custom format numbers 0 to appear with a preceding "+" (plus
sign) ?
Thanks

Bob Phillips

Custom format num 0 with a "+"

+ General;General

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Max" wrote in message
How does one custom format numbers 0 to appear with a preceding "+"
(plus sign) ?
Thanks

Max

Custom format num 0 with a "+"

Thanks Bob. Need a variation ..

Let's say I have 3 numbers below,
currently formatted as: #,##0
(Number format, with thousand separator, to zero dp)

-25,988
21,951
0

I would like to adjust the custom format so that it appears as:

-25,988
+21,951
0

(only numbers 0 to have the plus sign.
zeros and negative numbers remain as-is)

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
+ General;General

David Biddulph[_2_]

Custom format num 0 with a "+"

+#,##0; -#,##0; 0
--
David Biddulph

"Max" wrote in message
Thanks Bob. Need a variation ..

Let's say I have 3 numbers below,
currently formatted as: #,##0
(Number format, with thousand separator, to zero dp)

-25,988
21,951
0

I would like to adjust the custom format so that it appears as:

-25,988
+21,951
0

(only numbers 0 to have the plus sign.
zeros and negative numbers remain as-is)

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
+ General;General

Max

Custom format num 0 with a "+"

Thanks, David. That worked well, and I can see the pattern.

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message