-   -   How can I get a count of specifc words in a range? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158660-how-can-i-get-count-specifc-words-range.html)

Dr. Crowbar

How can I get a count of specifc words in a range?

How can I get a count of specifc words in a range?

JE McGimpsey

How can I get a count of specifc words in a range?

If there will be a maximum of one specifc word per cell:

=COUNTIF(range, "specifc")

If the specifc word can occur multiple times within a cell, array-enter
(CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN):

=SUM(LEN(range)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(range, "specifc","")))/LEN("specifc")