-   -   Conditional Formatting if any value in the cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/15864-conditional-formatting-if-any-value-cell.html)

Metallo

Conditional Formatting if any value in the cell

Hi,

I want to apply conditional formatting if any value will appear in the cell.
The cell has got a formula linked to another sheet, so if the other sheet
will get a value, then this is picked up in the cell, at that point, I'd like
to have the cell to change color.

Thank you
Alex

Bob Phillips

Use a formula of

=a1<""

--

HTH

RP

"Metallo" wrote in message

I want to apply conditional formatting if any value will appear in the

cell.
The cell has got a formula linked to another sheet, so if the other sheet
will get a value, then this is picked up in the cell, at that point, I'd

like
to have the cell to change color.

Thank you
Alex

Metallo

Bob,

I don't understand, can you be more specific?

Thanks
Alex

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use a formula of

=a1<""

--

HTH

RP

"Metallo" wrote in message

I want to apply conditional formatting if any value will appear in the

cell.
The cell has got a formula linked to another sheet, so if the other sheet
will get a value, then this is picked up in the cell, at that point, I'd

like
to have the cell to change color.

Thank you
Alex

Bob Phillips

Select the cell, goto CF, change condition1 to Formula Is, click Format and
select a colour from the pattern tab.

--

HTH

RP

"Metallo" wrote in message
Bob,

I don't understand, can you be more specific?

Thanks
Alex

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use a formula of

=a1<""

--

HTH

RP

"Metallo" wrote in message

I want to apply conditional formatting if any value will appear in the

cell.
The cell has got a formula linked to another sheet, so if the other

sheet
will get a value, then this is picked up in the cell, at that point,

I'd
like
to have the cell to change color.

Thank you
Alex

Metallo

Bob,

That I had understood, but what I dont understand is the meaning of =a1<""

Thanks
Alex

"Metallo" wrote in message
Bob,

I don't understand, can you be more specific?

Thanks
Alex

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use a formula of

=a1<""

--

HTH

RP

"Metallo" wrote in message

I want to apply conditional formatting if any value will appear in the
cell.
The cell has got a formula linked to another sheet, so if the other

sheet
will get a value, then this is picked up in the cell, at that point,

I'd
like
to have the cell to change color.

Thank you
Alex

Bob Phillips

It is testing cell A1 for no value. SO it can have a formula that evaluates
to nothing and still trigger CF.

--

HTH

RP

"Metallo" wrote in message
Bob,

I don't understand, can you be more specific?

Thanks
Alex

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use a formula of