-   -   SUM Problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158635-sum-problems.html)

AFroines

SUM Problems

I am trying to calculate teh SUM of a rtange of cells which I do know how to
do. However, I am having trouble becasue of how the some of the numbers are
entered. For example, soem of the numbers are listed <200. When I add this
into the calculation it returns an odd number result. So my question is, is
there a way to format the cell so that it will calculate the number in hte
SUM refrence?
--
Afroines

bj

SUM Problems

how do you want the ones listed as <200 to be calculated?
if you want the total excluding the alphanumerics
=sum(if(isnumber(A1:A200),A1:A200,"")
entered as an array control-shift-enter
you could also use
=countif(A1:A100,"<200")*100
to give an approximation of the sum value for the <200 cells