-   -   How do I stop SUM commands going into negative numbers, i.e. roun. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/15860-how-do-i-stop-sum-commands-going-into-negative-numbers-i-e-roun.html)

wonderland

How do I stop SUM commands going into negative numbers, i.e. roun.

I'm building a rather complex spreadsheet with various links and basically I
want any results from SUM functions not to go into negative numbers. Any
results that should be negative I would like to be zeroed

Roger Govier

Hi

One way is
=MAX(0,SUM(A1:A100))

Change ranges to suit

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"wonderland" wrote in message
I'm building a rather complex spreadsheet with various links and basically
want any results from SUM functions not to go into negative numbers. Any
results that should be negative I would like to be zeroed

Bob Phillips

=SUM(IF(A1:A200,A1:A20))

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--

HTH

RP