-   -   EXCEL 2003 HELP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158541-excel-2003-help.html)

Robert

EXCEL 2003 HELP

I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.

I WANT SOME CELLS TO HAVE A CERTAIN DOLLAR AMOUNT VALUE TO EACH CELL. THIS
SHOULD NOT BE DISPLAYED IN THE CELL.

I WANT THOSE SAME CELLS TO DISPLAY DATES AS I ENTER THEM WHEN THE DATES PASS.

I WANT A SEPARATE CELL TO SUM THE DOLLAR AMOUT FROM THOSE CELLS WITHOUT
BEING AFFECTED BY THE DATES I HAVE ENTERED.

IN OTHER WORDS, I WANT THE CELL TO DISPLAY ONE THING, BUT MEAN SOMETHING
ELSE. IN ADDITION, I DON'T WANT THE CELL TO BE ADDED I THE DESIGNATED "SUM
CELL", SO TO SPEAK, UNTIL I ENTER THE DATE IN THAT CELL.

IS THIS AT ALL POSSIBLE? OR AM I THINKING WAY TOO HARD?

THANKS,

Sandy Mann

EXCEL 2003 HELP

A cell cannot hold both a dollar amount and a date, (although both are just
numbers), at the same time.
Enter the dollar amounts in an adjacent cell then add then up with the
formula:

=SUMIF(C17:C29,"<="&TODAY(),D17:D29)

where the dates are in C17:C29 and the dollar amounts are in D17:D29

Please do not post in block capitals some people, especially those whose
first language is not English find it hard to read and it is considered
SHOUTING!

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"ROBERT" wrote in message
I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.

I WANT SOME CELLS TO HAVE A CERTAIN DOLLAR AMOUNT VALUE TO EACH CELL. THIS
SHOULD NOT BE DISPLAYED IN THE CELL.

I WANT THOSE SAME CELLS TO DISPLAY DATES AS I ENTER THEM WHEN THE DATES
PASS.

I WANT A SEPARATE CELL TO SUM THE DOLLAR AMOUT FROM THOSE CELLS WITHOUT
BEING AFFECTED BY THE DATES I HAVE ENTERED.

IN OTHER WORDS, I WANT THE CELL TO DISPLAY ONE THING, BUT MEAN SOMETHING
ELSE. IN ADDITION, I DON'T WANT THE CELL TO BE ADDED I THE DESIGNATED "SUM
CELL", SO TO SPEAK, UNTIL I ENTER THE DATE IN THAT CELL.

IS THIS AT ALL POSSIBLE? OR AM I THINKING WAY TOO HARD?

THANKS,

Robert

EXCEL 2003 HELP

Sandy Mann,

Thank you for your post. The formula was exactly what I needed. This site is
a blessing. I'm sure I'll use it again...

Thank you,
Robert

P.S.
Thank you for the insight on using capital letters in a post. I was not
aware of the issue. I hope I did not offend you or anyone else. If I did, I
apolagize.

"ROBERT" wrote in message
I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE.

I WANT SOME CELLS TO HAVE A CERTAIN DOLLAR AMOUNT VALUE TO EACH CELL. THIS
SHOULD NOT BE DISPLAYED IN THE CELL.

I WANT THOSE SAME CELLS TO DISPLAY DATES AS I ENTER THEM WHEN THE DATES
PASS.

I WANT A SEPARATE CELL TO SUM THE DOLLAR AMOUT FROM THOSE CELLS WITHOUT
BEING AFFECTED BY THE DATES I HAVE ENTERED.

IN OTHER WORDS, I WANT THE CELL TO DISPLAY ONE THING, BUT MEAN SOMETHING
ELSE. IN ADDITION, I DON'T WANT THE CELL TO BE ADDED I THE DESIGNATED "SUM
CELL", SO TO SPEAK, UNTIL I ENTER THE DATE IN THAT CELL.

IS THIS AT ALL POSSIBLE? OR AM I THINKING WAY TOO HARD?

THANKS,

Sandy Mann

EXCEL 2003 HELP

You're very welcome and I agree, this site is a blessing.