-   -   How do I remove a forgotten password from an Excel Worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158332-how-do-i-remove-forgotten-password-excel-worksheet.html)

Mr Excel

How do I remove a forgotten password from an Excel Worksheet?

A multi-tab Workbook has passwords set on individual Worksheets and no one
knows what they are - how can I remove them? The Workbook is not password
protected.

Mike H

How do I remove a forgotten password from an Excel Worksheet?

You go here
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
Mike

"Mr Excel" wrote:

A multi-tab Workbook has passwords set on individual Worksheets and no one
knows what they are - how can I remove them? The Workbook is not password
protected.

Gord Dibben

How do I remove a forgotten password from an Excel Worksheet?

You can copy the data to new worksheets in a new workbook or you can crack the
passwords.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP