-   -   sum numbers of a different colur in a row of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158270-sum-numbers-different-colur-row-data.html)

pjenz

sum numbers of a different colur in a row of data

How do I sum numbers in a row that has different colours. I want to sum
black colours and red colours separately

Duke Carey

sum numbers of a different colur in a row of data

See

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

"pjenz" wrote:

How do I sum numbers in a row that has different colours. I want to sum
black colours and red colours separately

Duke Carey

sum numbers of a different colur in a row of data

Sorry - wrong link

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

"pjenz" wrote:

How do I sum numbers in a row that has different colours. I want to sum
black colours and red colours separately

JE McGimpsey

sum numbers of a different colur in a row of data

See

http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

In article ,
pjenz wrote:

How do I sum numbers in a row that has different colours. I want to sum
black colours and red colours separately

Gord Dibben

sum numbers of a different colur in a row of data

You could try this alternate method which doesn't use VBA.

In 2003 you can specify the Format color to look for under
EditFindOptionsFormatFormat.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

The selected cells can then be summed by right-click on Status Bar and "Sum".

Do for each color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP