-   -   freezing dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158267-freezing-dates.html)

Jim Dean

freezing dates

Hi Guys

I need to get excel to enter to-days date and then freeze this date so is
does not update later. I dont want to copy-paste special-values. I need to
have it in a function statement.
I tried =IF(C17="not completed","",TEXT(TODAY(),"d/mm/yyyy;@"))

but it still updates even though the cell format is text.

Bob Phillips was helpfull byt it still doesnt work

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks.

JE McGimpsey

freezing dates

See

If it needs to be a function statement, you'll need to use the circular
reference method.

In article ,
Jim Dean wrote:

Hi Guys

I need to get excel to enter to-days date and then freeze this date so is
does not update later. I dont want to copy-paste special-values. I need to
have it in a function statement.
I tried =IF(C17="not completed","",TEXT(TODAY(),"d/mm/yyyy;@"))

but it still updates even though the cell format is text.

Bob Phillips was helpfull byt it still doesnt work

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks.

Jim Dean

freezing dates

Thank you I am working my way thru this one.

Cheers.