Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro for checking duplicate entries

Hey, Group!
Another post by a macro noob (trying hard to learn something)....I
have a spreadsheet that has a column for entering a unique ID number
(6 digits) Column E, and I need to know that I have entered a
previously entered ID, with a warning, and "Do you wish to
continue?"....with the warning telling me the line # of the previously
entered ID....as I have it right now I have a just a formula that will
flag the new cell and turn it a different color, with no reference to
the previously entered ID, which is ok, but lacking....I really need a
macro, and I have no idea where to start, although I can maneuver
around the VBA somewhat....I'm really struggling on this one...does
anyone have something similar that I might be able to use? Any help
will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!!
Ken