-   -   Not sure what function to use? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158146-not-sure-what-function-use.html)

Steve Douglas P2p, MCP

Not sure what function to use?

Hi all,

I have a cell (lets say A1) which has a vaule of "NW060D-Q1."

i would like cell a2 to strip the value of a1 to the "-" so A2 value =
"NW060D"

Grateful if anyone can suggest a formula or solutin for this.

Regards
Steve

Domenic

Not sure what function to use?

Try...

=TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-1))

Hope this helps!

In article .com,
"Steve Douglas P2p, MCP" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a cell (lets say A1) which has a vaule of "NW060D-Q1."

i would like cell a2 to strip the value of a1 to the "-" so A2 value =
"NW060D"

Grateful if anyone can suggest a formula or solutin for this.

Regards
Steve

Michael

Not sure what function to use?

Try this on a2
=MID(A1,1,FIND("-",A1,1)-1)

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Steve Douglas P2p, MCP" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a cell (lets say A1) which has a vaule of "NW060D-Q1."

i would like cell a2 to strip the value of a1 to the "-" so A2 value =
"NW060D"

Grateful if anyone can suggest a formula or solutin for this.

Regards
Steve

Teethless mama

Not sure what function to use?