-   -   Please keep is simple. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158104-please-keep-simple.html)

clum111

Please keep is simple.

Hi All,

I haven't used Excel for a few years and I've been asked to create a Cost
Records Spreadsheet. I've got all my column headings and totals along the
top.

The last 3 rows at bottom, I've named them as "Paid For", "To Be Paid" and
"Totals" for adding up each column. Is there a way when I enter an amount
into a cell, it tells the the bottom rows if it's a paid for or to be paid?

Please keep is simple.

Regards :)

Roger Govier[_3_]

Please keep is simple.

Hi

You would need an additional column with an entry in it if the line has been
paid.
Insert a new column at say B, and put an x against entries that have been
paid.

The total for Paid items in column C, will be
=SUMIF($B$2:$B$100,"x",C$2:C$100)

Note the 2 and the 100 will need to be altered to represent the first row of
values, and the row number above where your first sub-total is located.

Copy across through the other columns you want to total.

For Unpaid items, you can either use your Total minus the value as
calculated above, or use
=SUMIF($B$2:$B$100,"",C$2:C$100)

--
Regards