-   -   Fast Fourier Transform outputs in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157904-fast-fourier-transform-outputs-excel.html)

custardcream13

Fast Fourier Transform outputs in Excel

If I take a Fourier Transform of Acceleration data in Excel, what units will
the output data be in?

Dana DeLouis

Fast Fourier Transform outputs in Excel

The first cell will be the sum of your data, so I guess it's in the same
units.
If your output appear to be a little large in your analysis, you may need to
divide each cell by the size of your data. (ie divide by 16, 32, etc) Use
=IMDIV( ). Of course, it depends on what you are doing. Any specific
questions on a small sample?

--
Dana DeLouis