-   -   Update Date Cell when any of target cells change (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157866-update-date-cell-when-any-target-cells-change.html)

DAKent

Update Date Cell when any of target cells change

I have a row of user entered data (B-AP7) and a date cell (A7). I would like
to update A7 with the current date any time one or more cells in B7-AP7
changes. If there is no change, A7 stays constant. I would like to repeat
this functionality for the next 99 rows.

Basically, I want to know the when was the most recent update for each row
of data in a worksheet.

I appreciate any assistance.

JE McGimpsey

Update Date Cell when any of target cells change

See

In article ,
DAKent wrote:

I have a row of user entered data (B-AP7) and a date cell (A7). I would like
to update A7 with the current date any time one or more cells in B7-AP7
changes. If there is no change, A7 stays constant. I would like to repeat
this functionality for the next 99 rows.

Basically, I want to know the when was the most recent update for each row
of data in a worksheet.

I appreciate any assistance.

DAKent

Update Date Cell when any of target cells change

That is almost exactly what I am looking. Your example shows how to look for
changes in a column range and write the date in the next column. I need to
figure out how to look at a row(s) range (B-AP) and date stamp a change in
the A cell of the same row(s).

Thanks for your help!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

See