-   -   average that includes estimates if data not available (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157763-average-includes-estimates-if-data-not-available.html)

BillyRogers

average that includes estimates if data not available

I need a formula that totals 12 cells in a row ( the row is monthly sales)
for an annual total.

However if the row doesn't have a full 12 months worth of data I need to
estimate the annual sales by taking an average of the available months and
multiplying them by 12.

(the available months will vary on each row- some may have only the first 3
months or 7 months etc)

Thanks for any help on this.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

kassie

average that includes estimates if data not available

With your months in say B2:M2, then in N2 =SUM(B2:M2). In O2
=COUNTIF(B2:M2,"") to count the number of months with totals, and in P2
=N2/(12-O2)*12
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"BillyRogers" wrote:

I need a formula that totals 12 cells in a row ( the row is monthly sales)
for an annual total.

However if the row doesn't have a full 12 months worth of data I need to
estimate the annual sales by taking an average of the available months and
multiplying them by 12.

(the available months will vary on each row- some may have only the first 3
months or 7 months etc)

Thanks for any help on this.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

JE McGimpsey

average that includes estimates if data not available

One way (assuming the cells without data are blank):

=AVERAGE(A1:L1)*12