-   -   IF Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157719-if-function.html)

Alyssa

IF Function

I am trying to creat a worksheet to automatically calculate our football
picks. So far, I have our teams listed in the first column, each in their
own row (A3 - Indy, A4 - New Orleans). B3 would be the winner (Indy) Column
C - is the person's pick (C3 = 0, C4 = 6)

I entered this IF Function =IF(A3=B3,C4,C4) So in this case it returns
6. Which is right; however I am trying to have it return 0 if I have not
entered a winner yet? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike H

IF Function

Hi,

I'm a bit confused by you question. The formula
=IF(A3=B3,C4,C4)
Will always return C4 irrespective of whether A3=B3.

If you want to evalute that only when B3 isn't empty try:-

=IF(B3<"",IF(A3=B3,C4,C4),0)

Mike

"Alyssa" wrote:

I am trying to creat a worksheet to automatically calculate our football
picks. So far, I have our teams listed in the first column, each in their
own row (A3 - Indy, A4 - New Orleans). B3 would be the winner (Indy) Column
C - is the person's pick (C3 = 0, C4 = 6)

I entered this IF Function =IF(A3=B3,C4,C4) So in this case it returns
6. Which is right; however I am trying to have it return 0 if I have not
entered a winner yet? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gav123

IF Function

=IF(A3=B3,C4,C3)

"Alyssa" wrote:

I am trying to creat a worksheet to automatically calculate our football
picks. So far, I have our teams listed in the first column, each in their
own row (A3 - Indy, A4 - New Orleans). B3 would be the winner (Indy) Column
C - is the person's pick (C3 = 0, C4 = 6)

I entered this IF Function =IF(A3=B3,C4,C4) So in this case it returns
6. Which is right; however I am trying to have it return 0 if I have not
entered a winner yet? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Alyssa

IF Function

I am sorry, It should have been C3, C4. Regardless the formula you provided
for me worked. Thank you so much for your help.