-   -   formula required (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157374-formula-required.html)

Trevor

formula required

I need to get the total hours by multiplying number of staff by number of
hours./mins. Inputting 30 minutes gives me incorrect restlts ie
three staff multiplied by 30 minutes results in 90 minutes
this should be 1hr and 30 mins

help please

David Biddulph[_2_]

formula required

If you have entered the 30 minutes as a number of minutes, rather than as a
time, and you want to show the resulting number 90 as a time, then use
=A1/(24*60) and format as [h]:mm
--
David Biddulph

"Trevor" wrote in message
I need to get the total hours by multiplying number of staff by number of
hours./mins. Inputting 30 minutes gives me incorrect restlts ie
three staff multiplied by 30 minutes results in 90 minutes
this should be 1hr and 30 mins

help please

Gary''s Student

formula required