-   -   Macro To Open a User selected File (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157363-macro-open-user-selected-file.html)

Chris

Macro To Open a User selected File

I need a macro that allows the user to select the file. I have figured out to
write a macro for specific path however, as this workbook will go to many
differnt users that will have differnt names and paths for the file. Any help
would be awsome. Thank in advance.

-CM

Ron de Bruin

Macro To Open a User selected File

One way

There is no code to test if the workbook is open in this example

Sub test()
Dim FName As Variant
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim MyPath As String
Dim SaveDriveDir As String

SaveDriveDir = CurDir

MyPath = ThisWorkbook.Path
ChDrive MyPath
ChDir MyPath

FName = Application.GetOpenFilename(filefilter:="Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls")
If FName < False Then
Workbooks.Open (FName)
End If

ChDrive SaveDriveDir
ChDir SaveDriveDir

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Chris" wrote in message ...
I need a macro that allows the user to select the file. I have figured out to
write a macro for specific path however, as this workbook will go to many
differnt users that will have differnt names and paths for the file. Any help
would be awsome. Thank in advance.

-CM

Chris

Macro To Open a User selected File