-   -   I wish to fomat numbers in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157295-i-wish-fomat-numbers-excel.html)

Rumina

I wish to fomat numbers in Excel

so that 0's follow:if I enter 123 then 123000 will enter.

Bernard Liengme

I wish to fomat numbers in Excel

I think you would need VBA but here is a work around for a one-time entry.
Enter the numbers
Type 1000 in an empty cell
Copy that cell
Select the range of numbers and use Paste Special, specify Multiply
Delete the 1000
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rumina" wrote in message
so that 0's follow:if I enter 123 then 123000 will enter.

Rumina

I wish to fomat numbers in Excel

Either I need more step-by-step instructions (the 0's are infront) or it is
not working. I need it for a template.

Thank you for trying.

"Rumina" wrote in message
so that 0's follow:if I enter 123 then 123000 will enter.

David Biddulph[_2_]

I wish to fomat numbers in Excel

If you actually want to change the number on entry, rather than format the
number as mentioned in your subject line, then you could use Tools/ Options/
Edit/ Fixed decimal places: Set to -3, but you'll need to remember to put
it back to normal afterwards.
--
David Biddulph

"Rumina" wrote in message
so that 0's follow:if I enter 123 then 123000 will enter.

Beege

"Rumina" wrote in message
so that 0's follow:if I enter 123 then 123000 will enter.

Rumina,

The zeroes are in front? Like "000123" ? Then format/cells/custom ######
But if the zeroes are trailing, like "123000", then format/cells/custom/
###"000"

?

Beege