-   -   Copying cells with the mouse (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157207-copying-cells-mouse.html)

JamesC

Copying cells with the mouse

I cannot drag cell that has content that I want t copy to other cells in the
same row or column. I used to point my curor to the lower right corner of the
cell and a littl symbolused to appear and then I just had to drag the cell
and the contents would be copied. Why is it that I cannot do it now??
Thank you!!

papou[_2_]

Copying cells with the mouse

Hello
This is an option available from the Tools, Options, Edit tab.
Tick the top right check box
(can't give you the exact caption since i am using a french version of
Excel)

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"JamesC" a écrit dans le message de news:
I cannot drag cell that has content that I want t copy to other cells in
the
same row or column. I used to point my curor to the lower right corner of
the
cell and a littl symbolused to appear and then I just had to drag the cell
and the contents would be copied. Why is it that I cannot do it now??
Thank you!!

Gord Dibben

Copying cells with the mouse

Allow cell drag and drop is the option in English 2003 version and the option is
located second down on left side.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 09:28:33 +0200, "papou"
wrote:

Hello
This is an option available from the Tools, Options, Edit tab.
Tick the top right check box
(can't give you the exact caption since i am using a french version of
Excel)

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"JamesC" a écrit dans le message de news:
I cannot drag cell that has content that I want t copy to other cells in
the
same row or column. I used to point my curor to the lower right corner of
the
cell and a littl symbolused to appear and then I just had to drag the cell
and the contents would be copied. Why is it that I cannot do it now??
Thank you!!

JamesC

Copying cells with the mouse

Merci beaucoup!! J'utiliseExcel 2007. Je crois que j'ai résolu le problème
qui était dans les options de Excel