-   -   Can I create a dropdown list to select multiple items (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/157003-can-i-create-dropdown-list-select-multiple-items.html)

Oct1196

Can I create a dropdown list to select multiple items

I need to crease a dependent list where the use can select multiple options
to the validation selection. for example, my list contains each state, the
dependent list contains the counties for each state. I need to lelect, All
counties, One county or individualy select as many as applies.

Tevuna

Can I create a dropdown list to select multiple items

EXACTALLY the same question was asked a few strings below. Search before you
post.
ANSWER:

"Oct1196" wrote:

I need to crease a dependent list where the use can select multiple options
to the validation selection. for example, my list contains each state, the
dependent list contains the counties for each state. I need to lelect, All
counties, One county or individualy select as many as applies.

Debra Dalgleish

Can I create a dropdown list to select multiple items

To select multiple items from a data validation list, you can use
programming. There's a sample file he

Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from
Dropdown List'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures