-   -   Counting the number of cells that have the same value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/156857-counting-number-cells-have-same-value.html)

JCM

Counting the number of cells that have the same value

In column A I have a list of numbers that have many duplicates. In column B
I have a list of numbers. I would like to have a count of the number of
times the number in column b is in column A. I am using Excel 2003

Example
A B C
1 1 3
1 5 0
1 9 1
9

Max

Counting the number of cells that have the same value

In C1, copied down:
=IF(B1="","",COUNTIF(A:A,B1))
--
Max