-   -   Conditional format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/156768-conditional-format.html)

Emerogork via OfficeKB.com

Conditional format

I believe that I want to use something like this but it doesn't seem to work:

=IF(CC70,1,0)

I have also tried: =IF(CC7<"",1,0)

If the value in CC7 is greater than 0 then place the number 1 in the cell
otherwise plae a 0 in the cell.
If the value in CC7 has any value then place the number 1 in the cell
otherwise place a 0 in the cell.

CC7 usually contains a time value

Should this work?
I have tested various entries in CC7 but get no results.
I don't get any errors, just blank stares from the computer (-:

P.S. When working in the field when entering a conditional setting, I am
inclined to use the arrows to navigate the equation. Of course, the system
starts filling the equation with cell addresses.
Is ther a way to use the arrow keys in this situation?

Sandy Mann

Conditional format

Both your formulas work for me as cell formulas so I assume that you are
talking about Conditional Formatting.

Select: Format Conditional Foprmatting Cell Value is: select the arrow
head and select "greater than" and enter 0 and the select the formatting
that you want.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Emerogork via OfficeKB.com" <u36894@uwe wrote in message
[...]

I guess I was looking for a condirion to be set exactly as it is in
formatting but with values instead. I wanted the condition along with a cell
value. Thanks, any way, your response lead me to the answer in spite of my
error in logic.

Sandy Mann wrote:
Both your formulas work for me as cell formulas so I assume that you are
talking about Conditional Formatting.

Select: Format Conditional Foprmatting Cell Value is: select the arrow
head and select "greater than" and enter 0 and the select the formatting
that you want.

I believe that I want to use something like this but it doesn't seem to
work:

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

value. Thanks, any way, your response lead me to the answer in spite of
my
error in logic.

Glad you solved it - that's even better. Give a man a fish...........