-   -   subtotal formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/156544-subtotal-formatting.html)

ab3d4u

subtotal formatting

I know I can show different levels by selecting the the (1,2,3,,, etc)
layers created by the subtotal process. I just do not know how to show
the subtotals in different colour(s) and possibly by inserting a blank
line in between the subtototals. No need to show details. Thanks for
sharing your knowledge.

--
ab3d4u

Pete_UK

subtotal formatting

Perhaps you could apply conditional formatting to the cells, such that
if the column you chose in the For each change of ... dialogue
contains "total" then change the colour. If you don't have a lot of
subtotals you could insert a blank line manually, but otherwise you
would need a macro to do that for you - search through that column and
if the cell above contains "total" then insert a blank row.

Hope this helps.

Pete