-   -   how do you shuffle a range of numbers at random (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/156485-how-do-you-shuffle-range-numbers-random.html)

ann

how do you shuffle a range of numbers at random

I want to shuffle the numbers 1 -78. I don't want any duplicates...but want
to use a total of 78 numbers selected at random.......any idea of how to do
this ??

Peo Sjoblom

how do you shuffle a range of numbers at random

For instance

in A1 put
1
in A2 put
2

select both cells and grab the lower right corner of A2 and copy down so you
have 1 - 78 in A1:A78

in B1 put

=RAND()

copy down the formula to B78, select both columns and sort by B

now the numbers in A1:A78 will be randomly shuffled

finally delete B

Peo Sjoblom