-   -   Function that accepts and returns a decimal, is it possible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/156417-function-accepts-returns-decimal-possible.html)

LongBow

Function that accepts and returns a decimal, is it possible?

Hello all,

I currently have a function that looks similar to the following

Function BitWOR(var1 as Long, var2 as Long) As Long

BitWOR = var1 Xor var2

End Function

This works fine in most cases, but there are times when I need to
pass in a larger number when calculating a CRC32 table. I thought I
would be able to use the Decimal data type, but according to the
documentation that I read the Decimal really isn't its own data type
(but a child?) of the Variant data type.

I attempting using the Variant data type, but that would just cause
another problems when that value was passed to another built in
functions (e.g. POWER() I think). Is there a way to be able to pass
in and return integer values larger than Long? Is there a way to use
unsigned data types? Thanks.

Mark