-   -   If date in cell falls between date range... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/156125-if-date-cell-falls-between-date-range.html)

Keep It Simple Stupid

If date in cell falls between date range...

I have column A with a date mm/dd/yyyy.
Column B is JAN, Column C is FEB, and so on.

If column A includes a date in JAN, I want the cell for Column C (FEB) to
highlight. In other words, the cell will need to be filled 30 days after the
date entered.

With the unique style of formatting for dates, I can't figure out how to
identify if cells include certain dates, etc. Any ideas?

John Lyons

"Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote:

I have column A with a date mm/dd/yyyy.
Column B is JAN, Column C is FEB, and so on.

If column A includes a date in JAN, I want the cell for Column C (FEB) to
highlight. In other words, the cell will need to be filled 30 days after the
date entered.

With the unique style of formatting for dates, I can't figure out how to
identify if cells include certain dates, etc. Any ideas?

John Lyons

If date in cell falls between date range...

Change your months to dates, starting in col a, as 31/12/06.
Fill across your selection by months (edit, fill, series, col, month)

Select cell b3. Conditional Formatting, select Formula instead of value.
Insert this formula"=AND($A3E$1+1,$A3<=F$1)" and select the colour you want
to use.

John

www.magicspreadsheets.com

"Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote:

I have column A with a date mm/dd/yyyy.
Column B is JAN, Column C is FEB, and so on.

If column A includes a date in JAN, I want the cell for Column C (FEB) to
highlight. In other words, the cell will need to be filled 30 days after the
date entered.

With the unique style of formatting for dates, I can't figure out how to
identify if cells include certain dates, etc. Any ideas?

Keep It Simple Stupid

If date in cell falls between date range...

I don't think I explained my scenario enough.

In Row 1 of Columns B-M, the Column Headings are JAN-DEC, respectively.
Column A, Row 2, the user will enter a date something was done. I want the
"scheduled follow up months" to be automatically highlighted in columns B-M
of Row 2.

If Col A, Row 2 says 1/15/07, I want Col C,Row 2 to be highlighted because
it will correspond with FEB (30 days after the date entered in Col A, Row 2).

I am not sure if I understand your response completely, but it didn't seem
to work. Please let me know if I could have done something incorrectly.

"Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote:

I have column A with a date mm/dd/yyyy.
Column B is JAN, Column C is FEB, and so on.

If column A includes a date in JAN, I want the cell for Column C (FEB) to
highlight. In other words, the cell will need to be filled 30 days after the
date entered.

With the unique style of formatting for dates, I can't figure out how to
identify if cells include certain dates, etc. Any ideas?

John Lyons[_2_]

If date in cell falls between date range...

In row 1, change your months to dates, starting in col a, as 31/12/06.
Fill across your selection by months (edit, fill, series, col, month)
Format row 1 "mmm". This will give you JAN, FEB, etc.

Select cell b3. Conditional Formatting, select Formula instead of value.
Insert this formula"=AND(($A3+30)E$1+1,($A3+30)<=F$1)" and select the
colour you want to use.

It works on my laptop!