-   -   Entering an array formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/156056-entering-array-formula.html)

wthawaii

Entering an array formula

When I press "CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER" to enter an array formula, nothing
happens. I am not able to enter the array formula. Why does this happen and
how do I make the array formula work?

Mike H

Entering an array formula

Can we see the formula? What you expect to happen when you enter it?

Mike

"wthawaii" wrote:

When I press "CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER" to enter an array formula, nothing
happens. I am not able to enter the array formula. Why does this happen and
how do I make the array formula work?

Chip Pearson

Entering an array formula

The only visible indication you have that a formula is an array formula is
that Excel will display the formula in the formula bar enclosed in curly
braces { }. Beyond that, any response is meaningless without seeing the
actual formula. What is the formula you are using? For information about
array formulas, see www.cpearson.com/Excel/ArrayFormulas.aspx.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson