-   -   sumif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155966-sumif.html)

ekkeindoha

sumif

Good day,
I would like to add up some figures with a formula.It must first lookup in
A1:A10 for 11 and add up all the figures in D1:D10, and also lookup in A1:A10
for 10 and add up all the figures in D1:D10

Thanks

Duke Carey

sumif

Your description is very vague. Would you please state more clearly what you
are trying to do? Are you trying to add the cells in D1:D10 where the same
row has a 10 or an 11 in A1:A10?

"ekkeindoha" wrote:

Good day,
I would like to add up some figures with a formula.It must first lookup in
A1:A10 for 11 and add up all the figures in D1:D10, and also lookup in A1:A10
for 10 and add up all the figures in D1:D10

Thanks

ekkeindoha

sumif

I've got it like this
A B
30 2
11 3
10 4
11 5
13 6
10 7
What I would like to add up are the figures in B only if it shows 10 or 11
in A.
Hope this explain's better.
Thanks.

"ekkeindoha" wrote:

Good day,
I would like to add up some figures with a formula.It must first lookup in
A1:A10 for 11 and add up all the figures in D1:D10, and also lookup in A1:A10
for 10 and add up all the figures in D1:D10

Thanks

Toppers

sumif

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10={10,11})*(D1:D10))

"ekkeindoha" wrote:

Good day,
I would like to add up some figures with a formula.It must first lookup in
A1:A10 for 11 and add up all the figures in D1:D10, and also lookup in A1:A10
for 10 and add up all the figures in D1:D10

Thanks

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

sumif

I've got it like this
A B
30 2
11 3
10 4
11 5
13 6
10 7
What I would like to add up are the figures in B only if it shows
10 or 11 in A.

This will do that..

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000={10,11})*B1:B1000)

Adjust the large end of the ranges to suit your data.

Rick

Harlan Grove

sumif

ekkeindoha wrote...
I've got it like this
A B
30 2
11 3
10 4
11 5
13 6
10 7
What I would like to add up are the figures in B only if it shows
10 or 11 in A.

Another alternative,

=SUM(SUMIF(A1:A6,{10,11},B1:B6))