-   -   Can I annotate a formula result in Sheet 1 in Sheet 2 by Cell Addr (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155705-can-i-annotate-formula-result-sheet-1-sheet-2-cell-addr.html)

Rebecca Bauer

Can I annotate a formula result in Sheet 1 in Sheet 2 by Cell Addr

Sheet 1 is all the attendance data for Directors that are subtotaled by type
of Committee Meeting attended. Sheet 2 is one Director. I would like to
take the subtotals from one Director in Sheet 1 and annotate them in Sheet 2
by putting in the cell address of the forumula from Sheet 1 into Sheet 2. So
as I increase the number of meetings attended in Sheet 1, Sheet 2 will
automatically update. Can I do this?

Beccy

Bernard Liengme

Can I annotate a formula result in Sheet 1 in Sheet 2 by Cell Addr

Give us a clearer view of how the data is set out in each sheet.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Rebecca Bauer" wrote in message
Sheet 1 is all the attendance data for Directors that are subtotaled by
type
of Committee Meeting attended. Sheet 2 is one Director. I would like to
take the subtotals from one Director in Sheet 1 and annotate them in Sheet
2
by putting in the cell address of the forumula from Sheet 1 into Sheet 2.
So
as I increase the number of meetings attended in Sheet 1, Sheet 2 will
automatically update. Can I do this?

Beccy

Rebecca Bauer

Can I annotate a formula result in Sheet 1 in Sheet 2 by Cell

Thanks for the help. Here is more detail.

Worksheet 1 has a list of Board and Committee Meeting dates down the left
side. Across the top is a column with each Director name. If the Director
attended a meeting, I put a 1 in the corresponding box. Under each section
(for each Committee type) I subtotal the number of meetings each Director
attended.

Worksheet 2 is the "scorecard." It is a scorecard for one Director and I
want to take his subtotal amounts from Worksheet 1 and have them copied over
to Worksheet 2, in to the right boxes. I don't want the Sum forumula from
Worksheet 1, I want the value of that formula to be put in worksheet 2.

There are many types of meetings and 10 directors. I want to try to
automate this project so that in Worksheet 1, I only have to check the box
when a director attends a meeting and then Worksheet 2 (and Worksheet 3, etc)
sum and copy automatically.

Beccy