-   -   Please help. Need drop down menu for name&price to pop up automat (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155684-please-help-need-drop-down-menu-name-price-pop-up-automat.html)

Cynthia

Please help. Need drop down menu for name&price to pop up automat

In spreadsheet Book 2

Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
Column F
Name Rates Address City
Zip Code
Jane Doe 76.76 555 North Dear Born Chicago 55555
IL
Ray Cohen 12.11 2 North Dear Born Chicago 1
NY

In book 3 I want drop down menus for columns A, C, D, E,F from the info of
book 2.
When I choose the name in column A in book 3 i want the rates to pop
automaically.
Ex when I choose Jane Doe i want her rate to pop automaically as 76.76.

Gav123

Please help. Need drop down menu for name&price to pop up automat

Hi Cynthia,

This site has good information to get you started (Thanks to Debra
Dalgleish)..

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.htm

For the rates to pop automatically you could use a Vlookup function..

Regards,

Gav
"CYNTHIA" wrote:

In spreadsheet Book 2

Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
Column F
Name Rates Address City
Zip Code
Jane Doe 76.76 555 North Dear Born Chicago 55555
IL
Ray Cohen 12.11 2 North Dear Born Chicago 1
NY

In book 3 I want drop down menus for columns A, C, D, E,F from the info of
book 2.
When I choose the name in column A in book 3 i want the rates to pop
automaically.
Ex when I choose Jane Doe i want her rate to pop automaically as 76.76.

Bob Phillips

Please help. Need drop down menu for name&price to pop up automat

Look at VLOOKUP in help.

--
HTH

Bob

"CYNTHIA" wrote in message
In spreadsheet Book 2

Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
Column F
Name Rates Address City
Zip Code
Jane Doe 76.76 555 North Dear Born Chicago 55555
IL
Ray Cohen 12.11 2 North Dear Born Chicago 1
NY

In book 3 I want drop down menus for columns A, C, D, E,F from the info of
book 2.
When I choose the name in column A in book 3 i want the rates to pop
automaically.
Ex when I choose Jane Doe i want her rate to pop automaically as 76.76.

Cynthia

Please help. Need drop down menu for name&price to pop up aut

Thanks Gav for responding to my posting.

I went on that website 5x and I can't get it.

Can you walk me through step by step.

"CYNTHIA" wrote:

In spreadsheet Book 2

Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
Column F
Name Rates Address City
Zip Code
Jane Doe 76.76 555 North Dear Born Chicago 55555
IL
Ray Cohen 12.11 2 North Dear Born Chicago 1
NY

In book 3 I want drop down menus for columns A, C, D, E,F from the info of
book 2.
When I choose the name in column A in book 3 i want the rates to pop
automaically.
Ex when I choose Jane Doe i want her rate to pop automaically as 76.76.

Cynthia

Please help. Need drop down menu for name&price to pop up aut

I dont know how to set up book 3 using book 2 info at all.
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Look at VLOOKUP in help.

--
HTH

Bob

"CYNTHIA" wrote in message
In spreadsheet Book 2

Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
Column F
Name Rates Address City
Zip Code
Jane Doe 76.76 555 North Dear Born Chicago 55555
IL
Ray Cohen 12.11 2 North Dear Born Chicago 1
NY

In book 3 I want drop down menus for columns A, C, D, E,F from the info of
book 2.
When I choose the name in column A in book 3 i want the rates to pop
automaically.
Ex when I choose Jane Doe i want her rate to pop automaically as 76.76.

Gav123

Please help. Need drop down menu for name&price to pop up aut

Ooops a small typo...

"CYNTHIA" wrote:

In spreadsheet Book 2

Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E
Column F
Name Rates Address City
Zip Code
Jane Doe 76.76 555 North Dear Born Chicago 55555
IL
Ray Cohen 12.11 2 North Dear Born Chicago 1
NY

In book 3 I want drop down menus for columns A, C, D, E,F from the info of
book 2.
When I choose the name in column A in book 3 i want the rates to pop
automaically.
Ex when I choose Jane Doe i want her rate to pop automaically as 76.76.

Gav123

Please help. Need drop down menu for name&price to pop up aut

Let's say your data is in book 2 A2:F5

In the cell in book 3 where you want the rate to pop automatically enter..

=VLOOKUP(A2,'Book2!'A2:F5,2)

This Looks at what is entered in cell A2 then looks up the first column of
your table in book 2 and returns the result from the same row and 2nd column
in the table.

"CYNTHIA" wrote:

I dont know how to set up book 3 using book 2 info at all.
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Look at VLOOKUP in help.

--
HTH