-   -   I need to pair each item on one list to each item on another list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155601-i-need-pair-each-item-one-list-each-item-another-list.html)

Peter R.

I need to pair each item on one list to each item on another list

I need to pair each item on one list to each item on another list. For
example, if I have a list:

And another list:

What I need is one list as follows:

AD
AE
AF
BD
BE
BF
CD
CE
CF

Is there a simple way to do this, instead of a lot of copy and paste?

Thanks!

Peter R.

Max

I need to pair each item on one list to each item on another list

Assuming the 2 lists are housed within A1:B3, viz:

A D
B E
C F

Put in C1:
=OFFSET($A$1,INT((ROW(A1)-1)/3),)&OFFSET($B$1,MOD(ROW(A1)-1,3),)
Copy down to C9
--
Max
Singapore