-   -   Changing the color of cells by formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155574-changing-color-cells-formula.html)

Emerogork

Changing the color of cells by formula

I wish to change the colors of cells relative to values in other cells in the
same row. This is to be done automatically by formula. Can this be done?

Pete_UK

Changing the color of cells by formula

You will have to use Conditional formatting (on the Format menu) with
the Formula Is option rather than Cell Contents Is. In XL 2003 and
earlier you are limited to 3 conditional formats per cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete