-   -   Create different workbooks from workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155386-create-different-workbooks-workbooks.html)

Positive

Create different workbooks from workbooks

Hi,

I have 100 financial statements in 100 seperate excel workbooks, how
do I pick and choose some data that exist in those workbooks, import
them into 100 different scorecards ( excel workbooks) and make
calculation such as financial ratios in those scorecards.

Eg

Book 1 ( Financial Statements); I have hundreds of rows of expenses
and others, but I only want to pick out the total expenses of admin,
total insurance expense, total payroll expenses, and bad debts which
will appear in scorecard 1 (excel workbook). In the scorecard 1, I
want to put some formulas to calculate financial ratios such as debt
coverage ratio, operating income per unit of apartment...

I have about 100 properties in 100 workbooks that needs calculated
monthly. How do I automate this?

Many thanks
Lan

Ron de Bruin

Create different workbooks from workbooks

Hi Positive

You can filter maybe, see the last code example on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

On Aug 22, 4:42 pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi Positive

You can filter maybe, see the last code example on this pagehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Positive" wrote in ooglegroups.com...
Hi,

I have 100 financial statements in 100 seperate excel workbooks, how
do I pick and choose some data that exist in those workbooks, import
them into 100 different scorecards ( excel workbooks) and make
calculation such as financial ratios in those scorecards.

Eg

Book 1 ( Financial Statements); I have hundreds of rows of expenses
and others, but I only want to pick out the total expenses of admin,
total insurance expense, total payroll expenses, and bad debts which
will appear in scorecard 1 (excel workbook). In the scorecard 1, I
want to put some formulas to calculate financial ratios such as debt
coverage ratio, operating income per unit of apartment...

I have about 100 properties in 100 workbooks that needs calculated
monthly. How do I automate this?

Many thanks
Lan- Hide quoted text -

Ron,

I have tried and i have coped with 2 problems. I hope you could help
me with this.

Yes, I could merge the filtered data to a worksheet but I need to
import more than one search value and I also need the data to be
imported to seperate worksheets or workbooks not all in one worksheet.

Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Create different workbooks from workbooks

Is it not possible to merge all the data in one sheet and then split it in different sheets or workbooks

There is a exampel here that you can use after all data is in one sheet
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm