-   -   Creating reports based on data in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155170-creating-reports-based-data-cell.html)

LoriKLynn

Creating reports based on data in a cell

I am creating an electronic Earned Leave report for the employees of my
company. I would like to be able to click on a cell -- in this instance,
vacation leave -- and get additional information.

For example:

Let's say I requested vacation leave on 1/5/07, 3/4/07 and 5/30/07. The
cell states I have taken 3 days (or 24 hours) worth of vacation.

But then I forgot which days I had taken vacation. I would like to be able
to click on the cell that states 24 hours and see a brief report that
identifies every time I made an entry to that cell. The report would tell me
that I had taken the aforementioned 3 days.

Is something like this possible or am I asking for a miracle?!!! Thank you.

Teethless mama

Creating reports based on data in a cell

You could create a "Comment" in a cell

Insert Comment