-   -   Extract domain names from email IDs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/155094-extract-domain-names-email-ids.html)

sl24

Extract domain names from email IDs

I have 26000 email Ids i need to split the part that comes after
) i.e google.com.

Also nice to have would be splitting excel/google/com in separate
columns.

Thanks in advance.

SL

Harlan Grove[_2_]

Extract domain names from email IDs

"sl24" wrote...
I have 26000 email Ids i need to split the part that comes after
) i.e google.com.

Also nice to have would be splitting excel/google/com in separate
columns.

Yet another misuse of Excel as a system administration tool. Oh well.

Select the range of e-mail IDs, run the menu command Data Text to Columns,
choose Delimited in the first part of the wizard, then enter @ as the Other
character. That'll split the account name from the domain name. Then select
the range of domain names and run Data Text to Columns, Delimited again,
but change the Other character to a period.

Gord Dibben

Extract domain names from email IDs

DataText to ColumnsDelimited byOther.

Enter the @ and Finish

To break out google and com use a period as a delimiter.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP